Zephyr Illusions photo by donna October 1992. The view atop Chasseral, Jura Mountains looking across Switzerland to The Alps on the horizon. Fog, intensely thick, rising from Lac Bienne and stretching its fingers high onto the Lignières-Plateau de Diesse after wholly filling the valley below the plateau.

Monday, September 12, 2005

European Adventure 2005 Day 3




today i slept the morning away.... funny, but when i travel eastward jet lag takes a while to set in with me (travelling westward i feel jet lag immediately). after catching up on some sleep, i set out on foot to see if i could find Albert Cuyp street market. i love open air markets for some reason... not sure why exactly, but perhaps it is the bustling energy and great variety of fresh foods and abundant goods that captures me. Albert Cuyp market is larger than i had imagined and is a marvelous shopping experience. i bought some very good cheese, salami and bread and had a picnic in Vondelpark after checking out the market.
oh! i also found a music shop while at the Albert Cuyp market. hehehe, bought a dozen Golden Earring CDs... found releases that i never knew existed, so i'm very happy to add them to my music collection. the shop owner, a Golden Earring fan herself, was very nice to me.... she gave me a double CD free since i bought so many and she appreciated the fact that i'm a fan, too :)

had a nice surprise when i returned to my hotel after my marketing and picnic... had a message to get in touch with a Dutch friend so we could meet up. my friend took me into the center of Amsterdam and gave me a fantastic tour. as we walked, he pointed out special features and buildings of interest in the city. he also explained to me how to use the canals and city skyline as a compass so as to be able to find my way in the ancient ringed city.

No comments:

Post a Comment